Being considered, at first, another type of sport, something more extravagant, we see nowadays that Yoga has become an important part of the lifestyle of many of us, winning more and more followers.
Whether you’re practicing, or just thinking about the idea, there are 10 things you do not know about yoga!
Much has been written about Yoga, the origins, influences, or popular styles of this practice, but here are some interesting and less known things about it.
1. Yoga not only involves stretching the muscles. In fact, yoga combines three important things: different positions (called asane), a special technique, focused on breathing, and meditation. Due to the influence and exercise on the lungs, yoga is a life-extending practice.
2. If you want to improve your sex life, I would suggest you try yoga! Numerous studies have shown that it will provide a boost to your libido and may even solve certain problems in this area due to its beneficial influence on the entire cardiovascular system. Another detail is that the pelvic muscles are hardened, which favours more intense orgasms. Convincing?
3. Yoga exercises are not only suitable for eliminating stress and for keeping healthy joints, they are also beneficial for those who suffer from arthritis. You have to listen to your body and modify the difficulty level of the asanas, depending on the limits of your body.
4. Yoga is one of the most important ways in which Hindu followers are heading to the divinity or finding their own “I”. The other three are: Karma – the actions, Bakthi – devotion and Jnana – the questions to yourself.
5. Yoga is based on eight energy centres – also called chakras – through which the body absorbs energy. The purpose of practicing Yoga is to purify these energy centres and maintain a positive energy course. From the base of the spinal cord, to the crown, to the head, these are called mooladhara, svadhisthana, manipura, anahata, vishuddhu, anja, bindu and sahasrara.
6. Yoga is a true source of youth. An uninterrupted practice may have the power to slow down the body ageing processes, such as faster oxidation, cell damage, inflammation of the tissues. Over the time, these processes lead to disease and affections. Specialty studies have shown that introducing Yoga exercises in our lives is only good! As a bonus, your skin just gains from this practice.
7. Nude Yoga is a widespread practice in many corners of the world. People practice Yoga in nude because they think the exercised asanas have a bigger meaning. At the same time, the student learns to accept and love his own body, building more easily a relationship of trust with himself and those around him.
8. Yoga is an excellent way to control diabetes. There are specific posts or specific asanas (payanamuktasana, bhastrika, suryabhedi and others) that have proved to be excellent in fighting this disease.
9. One thing that will convince you that it is worthwhile to try yoga is that it is a guaranteed remedy against stress and depression. Asane, such as the position of the child or the position of the body, proved to be very beneficial to people affected by stress.
10. Yoga should not be practiced with full stomach, because it will be much more difficult for you to practice asanas, as appropriate. Try to eat at least one hour before yoga, and if the hunger feeling is too strong, eat a banana 20 minutes before exercising.